Following orders from Arapahoe county, non-critical care patients can resume their acupuncture treatments starting Monday, May 11th. The virus is still present in our communities, so we are reopening with caution and with extra safety measures in place.
I will still be available by appointment only through Friday, May 8th for those experiencing crisis or severe musculoskeletal complaints, where acupuncture feels essential and necessary for relief. Please call (303) 800-7604 or reply to this email and I will schedule you.
If you are interested in receiving acupuncture in the near future, please read this email for new office policies.
> WHAT YOU NEED TO DO <
Please read carefully and take note!
* Please enter the Suite 2 door, right next to the usual entrance. This will reduce the amount of people moving through the main lobby.
* Wear a mask/scarf to your appointment (mandated by the state)
* Use hand sanitizer upon entry to the clinic (will be provided)
* Go into one of my two treatment rooms, whichever door is open, instead of waiting in the hall lobby
* Honor the 6-ft social distancing within the office. There are two bathrooms available. If both are occupied, please wait in the treatment room
DO NOT COME TO YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS. Call me to reschedule. No cancellation fee if you need to cancel due to symptoms or exposure to a known COVID-19 infected person. Symptoms include fever, chills, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, chest tightness, unexplained fatigue, and diarrhea.
WHAT I’M DOING TO PROTECT US
Most of these are already in place, but I’ve added a few extra safety measures to comply with the state guidelines
* Conducting a health screening before visits. People with two of these symptoms cannot enter the clinic: dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath. People with a fever or recent fever are also not allowed to come in for a treatment at this time.
* All surfaces, chairs, door knobs, touched surfaces will be disinfected between appointments with approved disinfectants
* Air purifiers with UV light disinfection will clean the air
* The rooms will be empty to air out for at least 30 minutes between patients
* Disposable gua sha tools will be used (the metal jar lids I’ve been using)
* Sporox 2 high level disinfection soak, appropriate for medical tools, for massage cups
* Extra padding and table warmers have been temporarily removed to allow for table disinfection under the sheets (which are laundered in hot water)
* Pillows have a water-proof covering, plus fresh pillow cases each treatment (of course) plus a soft disposable table paper on top of that
* I’ll be wearing gloves and a mask during treatments
WAIT 30 DAYS AFTER HAVING SYMPTOMS OR BEING AROUND SOMEONE WHO HAD COVID-19 BEFORE MAKING AN APPOINTMENT.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS
MILD– cough, body aches, fatigue, and chest tightness–> Self-isolate
WORSTENING-Cough, Fever, Shortness of breath-Self isolate If you are age 60 or older, or you have underlying chronic medical conditions, you may need to check in with a health care provider. –>Consider a telehealth or nurseline.
SEVERE-Trouble breathing, Persistent pain or pressure in the chest, Confusion, Bluish lips or face –>Call 911 and tell the dispatcher your symptoms. If you go to a hospital without calling 911, call the hospital ahead of time and tell them your symptoms.
For more info, go do https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid19-symptoms
If you are not sick but have general questions about COVID-19, call CO HELP 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911.
I know that acupuncture is a Fantastic, Effective, Relaxing and Safe part of your healthcare regimen and I’m honored to by your acupuncturist! Let’s do our best to get through these unprecedented times by taking care of ourselves and others.